Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The One-Percenters

This is a fabulous article by Roger Ebert.  I would never have thought that this kind of commentary would come from him.  After all, I always thought of him as just a movie critic.  Click on the link in this blog title and read his commentary completely.  He brings up the same points that I have in this blog...except that he does it better.  He keeps asking the same questions that I have raised -

1.  Why wasn't anyone charged with any crime for the financial crisis that we are going through? 
2.  Why aren't the Teabaggers angry and indignant toward those that actually caused the problems we are experiencing, instead of the victim?

The attitudes of the One-Percenters is not new.  That attitude has shown itself throughout history with previous One-Percenters.  And I have to say...it didn't work out so well for the historic One-Percenters - the Aristocracy of France and the last Tsar and his family in Russia.

No comments: